Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 1: The Kingdom of the Mentally Unstable, Where We All Eat Cake & Vodka

Jenn-Day one of summer...it was simple but good as we shakily tested out our freedom feet after a full 9 months of school.   I had to work; managed to make my classroom cabin sign to decorate with next year and to get my entire classroom torn down.  I even got my closet cleaned out.  Have you ever seen that episode of "Friends" where they discover Rachel's nightmare closet?  That's what my classroom closet looked like.  Scary. 

We went to lunch with friends; the girls insisted that they eat at a table far, far away from us grownups (because who wants to eat pizza with their mom?).  When we got back to school the girls used the stage to put on plays (with one of the lines inspiring the title of this post...cake and vodka?  I haven't had any cake and vodka recently....or ever). 

Once home I surprised the girls with a schools-out basket; pool toys, movie passes, stuff to make s'mores, sunflower seeds and ribbon to tie up softball shirts, and sno-cone supplies.  It was fun!  I walked with  Carla and ended the day by getting locked out of the house.  Not a bad first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment