Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 3: Back Home, The Meadering Version


 Belle:  Today we came back home from MO. We stopped in Joplin and went to a really cool park that Extreme Makeover built after the tornado. The park was across for the hospital. We went to Pitts Burg and saw Big Brutus. It was HUGE!!!!! It was an AWESOME day!!!!!


Jenn:  Back home indeed.  While I'm totally exhausted, I'm glad we went.  This morning the girls got some pool time at the hotel before we hit the road.  We were a little torn about which way to go; back to the lake to spend time with Kris and Jessica, or home.  I was a little worried about going to the lake and then home because I new I'd be super-tired, so we decided to head for home with a few stopping points along the way.  When we got to Joplin we did go to the park; it was amazing!  There were some very fitting memorials to all of the volunteers and those who lost their lives in the tornado.  The destruction truly was indescribable!

From there we cruised on over to the almost non-existent town of West Mineral and Big Brutus.  Big Brutus was once the largest electric coal-mining shovel in the world.  I cringed a little at paying to go look at a big piece of equipment, but we got to go up inside of it, too.  It was definitely something that everyone should see at least once! 

It was good to be home, although a little exhausting because Maddie had softball practice as soon as we got here.  All-in-all not a bad "mini-vacation,"  in seeings as to how I was cranky about not getting to really do anything on the trip!  Again, I can't be reminded enough:  enjoy this, because it could all be gone tomorrow, and someday soon my girls won't be begging me for piggy back rides in the swimming pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment